V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Monday, July 03, 2006

In dire need of some good FO's


There is no end in sight. I love new things, I love beginnings. I love starting fresh new projects with newly purchased yarn. I love choosing needles, checking the gauge, casting on until I get it all just right. I love getting over the hump of a brand new project into a good and steady rhythm, working at a brisk and constant pace until!!!! It all comes to a halt, I get bored and I look for a new project to 'mix things up a bit'. These are just a few that I have lying around, unloved and they'd be collecting dust if they weren't always in separate plastic bags and the such.






In the blue alpaca is the start of a friend's glove mitt. The tangle of variegated sock yarn are baby socks that have fallen victim to Second Sock Syndrome. The pile of blue and white is the interlac blanket from the last post and the beige wonder is a shrug that still needs to be finished off. Where do I find the inspiration? Bleh. At least my fella's sweater is coming along! I just have to sew in the ends, block, stitch together and knit on the collar.


3 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I think we all have things like that lying around. In fact, I have two or three here in Colorado alone and I've only been here for a month! (Actually, the truth is I brought the UFO's with me hoping that a change of scene might inspire me again.... no such luck...)

7/13/2006 8:35 a.m.  
Blogger Angela said...

Sometimes the only inspiration is in the desire for a finished object. I hear that the boy's sweater is looking good.

7/13/2006 9:42 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok..you two are way too cute!
Glad you like Beau!

7/26/2006 6:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home