V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Look Ma, No Pattern!




No knitting was done this weekend because I was going hardcore to finish this little beaut up. I got it into my head that I needed to make a skirt that was a hybrid of two other skirts I own and this was the result. I haven't sewn anything in about 6 or 7 years but I was surprised to discover that I was not too rusty on the ol' sewing machine! (Well, the machine I have is brand new, actually! Thanks to my dear sweet BF.) That's not even the best part though, wait until I tell you that the fabric I used was a bedsheets salvaged from the Sally Ann. Bedsheets. I am pretty proud of myself for that. It was the BF's idea to have me pose in front of that unsuspecting VW hippie toaster van. (I love that green!) And the picture of me pointing is when we were playing bocce ball in the park. Good times.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your skirt is super cute, Venus!! I love the colors, too. Great job!

6/13/2006 9:55 p.m.  
Blogger Angela said...

OK - that is too cool.

6/14/2006 10:41 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Dear Venus,

You look very lovely and sexy in that skirt!
Excellent job!
You made it without a pattern, you are very talented person!
Also, good choice picking that bedsheet.
I'm very proud of you Venus:)

you know who

7/04/2006 8:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home