V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

'Til There Were No Stars Anymore!


Best. Show. Ever. I can't even say how much fun I had yesterday! The BF and I got down to the Commodore Ballroom for around 5:30pm and got right in line behind the 5-8 people that were already there. We made quick friends with everyone around since only really big Hip fans were stalwartly enough to even get tickets. We speculated as to who might be the opening act, and some of us talked about how good the Sam Roberts Show was the night before. After going through rigorous ticket-acquiring processes ( involving names on lists, credit card/ID checks, fingerprinting and DNA testing) we were let in at 8pm and the BF and I promptly snagged a spot on the front line to the stage, just right of dead center. (I was at the very front and the dear BF stood as a barrier directly behind me.) Bought us some gig shirts and buckled down for the long haul. We took one look at the stage and realized it was the same setup as the night before, which meant only one thing. Sam Roberts Band would be opening for the Tragically Hip. It was fantastic! That line-up is the best of Canadian rock, hands down. Everyone in the place was on pretty decent behavior and we all did our darndest to rock out as hard as possible. AND! At the very end of the show Johnny Fay, the drummer came over to where I was in the crowd and passed off his drumsticks. But the two huge guys on either side of me grabbed at them too. You would think this would end is disappointment but wait! I was not about to give up! I got right in there and wrestled one of the sticks away from both of them. Then they duked it out over the other stick, decided to break it in half but ended up splintering it. I wrestled a drumstick away from two big guys which is a pretty cool souvenir from the show. Needless to say, I am one pleased girly. And to top it off, the shirt I bought is green, perfect for this month's Project Spectrum. Ta-da!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

She forgot to mention the part where she almost bit one of those dudes.

- The Boyfriend

5/27/2006 9:11 p.m.  
Blogger Lynda said...

Venus - I'm getting back to you here because I didn't have your email address. Absolutely you can join Count Your Socks! The more the merrier. Let me know how many of your socks you knit BEFORE 2006, and how many you've knit this year. I'll go get you added right now!

5/29/2006 10:17 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home