V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

In lieu of my camera

Isn't it pretty? With just a glance of sunlight? This picture is from a while ago. It is yarn I was test dying with Kool-aid. I thought that since I won't been able to pick up my camera from repairs until this weekend, I'd use this picture to add some green for Project Spectrum May. I really can't wait to get my camera back. My trigger finger is itchy.

In somewhat knitting-related news, I was bellydancing today. Yeah I know. What does bellydancing have to do with knitting? I will tell you. I was at my work's annual Staff Conference, in which they offer many varied courses for us workers to take, to raise morale and all that stuff. (This is where the bellydancing took place) and for some reason, when I was registering for the courses, I didn't sign up for the introduction to lace knitting. Why didn't I sign up? Because I thought it might be too basic for me. Not the right choice! I realize now that I should have signed up to socialize with fellow knitters, not just to learn new techniques. Why am I such a dummy? Oh well. But I did find out that the lady running the course is a fellow worker from the same department as my boyfriend. How about that? And wouldn't you know, she's joined Project Spectrum as well.

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

With knitters, it tends to be a small world huh? Awesome green yarn by the way!

5/22/2006 7:42 a.m.  
Blogger Angela said...

Love the green, and you're welcome to come over and knit anytime :)

5/24/2006 11:24 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home