V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Skivvies


I think I must be the only one that feels the need to sew her own underwear. It's cheap, accessible and comes in a variety of stlyes and colors. But lately I have been very unsatisfied with the state of store-bought skivvies. They don't really fit right, they are uncomfortable, and they aren't very well made. On top of that, all the underwear I've shopped through are made in sweatshops. So with a good idea of what my ideal pair of underwear would be I have sewn my own! I have to say I am very pleased with what I've got here. They are definitely the most comfortable pair of underwear I have ever worn, and they're cute! And they cost me the same price as they would in the store. I know almost everyone will think that it's way too much effort for something as trivial as underwear but let me say this. Underwear is not trivial to me. I love underwear and now I am making my own.

6 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

They look great - nice colours!

8/08/2006 10:38 p.m.  
Blogger Angela said...

Hey, I really like those. I might need some underwear tips from you.

8/09/2006 9:42 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's so awesome. I've never thought of making my own undies. Pretty lace!

8/11/2006 9:25 a.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

That's so cool, and they are so pretty!

8/11/2006 9:35 a.m.  
Blogger gray la gran said...

years ago i did sew some of my own, and now i'm thinking i should do that again, as i rarely find what i like off the rack. did you use a pattern?

8/14/2006 6:16 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love them!

9/12/2006 2:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home