V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

New Neutral Bathroom


My Fella and I just finished fixing up and painting out bathroom last weekend and I thought it suited the neutral theme for Project Spectrum August. Ta-da!

Below is a shot of the bathroom before the makeover. I know the change doesn't look very drastic in the pictures but you can sure feel it when you're in the room. The original paint job was absolutely heinous, complete with drip marks, bits of hair, staples, holes and wallpaper. It was also a crazy, shiny oil based paint that wasn't quite white and it looked like the painters tried to slop it all on in one coat, which they probably did.


Here are also some 'before and after' pictures of the wall between the toilet and the bathtub, and behind the mirror.






I also wanted to share this little bit of our neighborhood animal encounter. Now, I've seen raccoons in the area before, but I have never seen one up in a tree. (I didn't know they could!) So I was pretty surprised to see a family of 5 raccoons, clambering up the two trees directly in front of our apartment!(Which is on the top/3rd floor.) It was funny and strange. They kept peeking over at us and getting tangled in small twigs/branches. They went up as far as they could, hung out for about an hour and left.


I realize that there is no knitting or fiber content in this post. I've been experimenting with some crochet patterns and I think I will be crocheting a new rug for our new bathroom soon.

3 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Ahhhhh - so much better.

8/30/2006 1:22 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

Oh yes, raccoons can definitely climb trees. It's their first form of defense. Your bathroom looks great. Much better than the before pictures!

8/30/2006 5:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm going to plague you with comments.
one night i was coming home (this is in ottawa) after a night out on the town (read: quite drunk). there's a cherry tree in our front yard and it was bouncing up and down. I was totally terrified, and my drunken brain thought that somehow my parents were there watching me or something. It turned out ot be a family of racoons munching away on our cherries. Really, this was equally frightening as I had to walk underneath the tree to get into the house. le sigh.

9/22/2006 2:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home