V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

New buttons and my love for alpaca

This is the final month of Project Spectrum! Such a unique and original idea, thanks to Lolly! I really loved it, even though I didn't always have the greatest pictures or projects. Seeing what other people were up to was really fun. The yarns I got from Mama E were great too.


Yesterday My fella, his sister and I went on an impromptu shopping rampage downtown. We hit up Dressew, a plethora of shoe stores and Button Button (<-- See #4), where I found the perfect buttons to put on my red cropped cardi. The larger purse at the top of the picture above is one of two purses I bought on our shopping spree. The smaller clutch shown next to the buttons is a gift from my mom while she was in town just a couple weeks ago.



I don't know how long I will have Angela's spinning wheel at my place, so I am trying to spin up as much as I can. Shown here is some lovely alpaca fleece I bought while I was in Australia. I have been dying to spin this up! Let me tell you, alpaca spins up so nice and easy! I am discovering that my love for alpaca knows no bounds.

4 Comments:

Blogger Louisa said...

Very nice spinning, hon'! You've been practicing, I can tell. Wonder where you learned to do that, hmmm...? ;)

8/17/2006 1:23 p.m.  
Blogger Angela said...

At least until early October and (shhh) don't tell Ian, but you can probably borrow another one after that if you like.

8/22/2006 2:16 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

Your spinning is looking lovely!

8/25/2006 6:20 p.m.  
Blogger gray la gran said...

hey! that looks like my bag i got last weekend :)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54706746@N00/235421217/
love the wallet too!

9/11/2006 5:45 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home