V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Drops Alpaca Pomatomus


The beginning of Pomatomus. I am liking the pattern so far. I am still slightly skeptical of socks in general but I am far from writing them off. So here I am, vernturing back into heel flaps and toe decreases. I hope this works out. I am also eyeing the leaf pattern socks in the Winter 2005 Interweave Knits, maybe in white alpaca? I don't know who will wear these socks. Not me. I don't like wearing socks in general, and when I do, I abuse them. I have made one wearable pair of socks to date, and I don't wear them for fear that horrible holes will appear and destroy all that I've worked for. No sir. They can live in my sock drawer for all eternity. Nicely folded and only worn once to take pictures. I'll probably gift these socks away. There, I feel better now. Someone else can wear and love these socks. Cursing me for using alpaca for socks. Because who uses alpaca for an article of clothing that gets worn and washed over and over again? Crazy people that don't intend to wear said socks. Ha ha ha.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I didn't think I'd be a huge fan of hand knit sock because I was sure they'd be too itchy. Well, I made myself a couple pairs and now I'm hooked. I plan on making myself many, many more pairs!

1/08/2006 3:01 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home