V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Tungsten and Alpaca Paint

Well. Silly me thinking my camera wasn't as nice as I thought. Nope, not the case. It's just that I didn't even think to check the options/tools on my camera. There's a little selection called White Balance. You can set it to whatever light condition you are in. Sunny, cloudy, flourescent, tungsten.... So that is that. Hopefully now I won't be having any pink glare in my pictures. And now since I've learned something about my camera, here is a picture of the scarf I am working on with the Alpaca Paint I got. I'm doing an elongated stitch pattern off the top of my head. It works well with the yarn because it shows off the awesome colors but is still an interesting pattern. I think my upcoming projects will include another one of these scarves, another Branching Out scarf, more glove mitts like the rainbow ones (I think I'll try a cotton yarn next) and the Circle Shrug from the cover of the fall Vogue Knitting magazine.... Not in that order.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That enlongated stitch pattern looks so good! I never thought to expand that pattern into a scarf but I love the way it looks. Might be just the thing I'm looking for for some variegated yarn I have.

11/29/2005 9:28 a.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

Wow, that stitch pattern looks fantastic with that Alpaca Paint. I love the colors! They all go so well together.

11/29/2005 12:33 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home