V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year!

* This is my current scarf on the needles. Zig Zag Scarf using Noro Silk Garden, I think the feel and weight of this yarn is perfect for this pattern. I like how fast this pattern knits up too. I was in Calgary over the holidays, visiting my family etc etc and my mom and I made time to hit a couple of yarn stores. (Of course!) The ZigZag Scarf is part of her X-Mas gift, and she picked out the yarn herself. She also picked out a nice dark grey in the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed so I can make a pair of gloves for her too. I don't know why but I still have trouble getting fantastic shots of new yarn that I purchase. I have two new balls of Butterfly mercerized cotton (my first Grecian yarn) and also this!

More Drops Alpaca. I have this yarn in white and green. When I saw this beaut of a color I couldn't resist. Even though I am still unsure as to whether I adore socks like most knitters do, I found a pattern at Knitty.com That I think might look pretty killer. I am addicted to those gloves I've been knitting. My favorite thing to be knitting right now. I still have to finish a pair for Jennn, (I'll try to update more often Jennn!) then my mom's and one for an old co-worker of mine.
Another project I have in mind is a shawl for one of my mom's good friends. She was kind enough to dig up some old-school pattern books from Beehive, and there is a rose leaf shawl pattern with her name on it. Oh! And I almost forgot, my lovely co-worker Cindy gave me some great, fun green yarn that is somewhat reminiscent of Oscar the Grouch. I have no idea of what I will do with it but I have 5 balls at 89yrd. Doesn't seem like anything too exciting for me right now. Just sort of ho-hum things. Maybe it's just the time of year. I will strive to be more energetic in my next post.


*For erleca's comment: I took that picture Jan. 4th, 2006. I live in Vancouver, BC where it is nice and mild in the winter. Some of the vegetation stays green year-round.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I love the zigzag scarf. Noro is the best for cool color effects. When did you take that picture? It looks like it's in the middle of summer!

1/04/2006 5:47 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home