V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Knit Night at Katherine's

Still no pictures. Tonight Jill and I went to her co-worker/friend Katherine's knitting night. There was 8 ladies there all together, me being the youngest. I love going to knitting nights! Everyone is always interested in other peoples projects and progress. You get awesome tips for shopping, stitching and all sorts of things. Knitting nights are a wealth of knowledge. Jill worked on her baby afghan, I worked on my Branching Out scarf (which everyone drooled over!), Katherine was working on a new knit pattern for a blanket and also brought a baby sweater she was working on. A lady named Nikki had brought crocheted cashmere hats and was working on a shawl (I think). Pat was working on a toque, Loraine was working on (a scarf and) a sweater, along with another lady and Valerie was there to learn to knit! Near the end, most of the ladies had been comissioned to help wind 4-5 different skeins of yarn into center-pull balls. Jill and I had to leave early but we had a great time. The next meeting is for the 14th of December. I'll probably go. Also, I have been working a lot on the Branching Out scarf for Gladys so I think it will be done soon. (Finally!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

I love getting together with people to knit. It's almost like everyone helps reaffirm everyone else's love of knitting. Definitely good stuff.

11/11/2005 6:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home