V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Score!


Well, well. Today, I went on a day trip with Jill and her two friends Krista and Andrea. We drove down to Bellingham to Bellis Fair and to just outside Seattle to a huge outlet mall. I found the cutest Dr. Martens I have ever seen! I bought them. I had to.




And when I was walking home from Jill's this is what I found in the alley! I have been hoping and wishing and putting off the purchase of a sewing machine. And there it was in the alley. I've wound the bobbin (it came with 2) and I am testing the tension etc etc. There's even a needle in it, a lightbulb that WORKS and it all runs like a top.



And to give you an idea of the yarn that I recieved along with the alpaca fleece, here is a late-night, picture-with-flash of my 200g of recycled sari silk. There is every color under the sun in this yarn I am sure. There. Some tidbits in picture form to tide you over. =)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my god....nicest sewing machine ever. I MUST draw it. Please!
xoxox
Jennn

11/13/2005 10:57 a.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

I've seen that recycled yarn before. It's pretty cool, but I have no idea how it works up when you knit with it.

How lucky are you to find a working sewing machine in the alley!

11/17/2005 9:00 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home