V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Simple Storage Solutions


Me: I think my stash is lacking.
My Fella: It might be lacking if this were a yarn shop. This is an apartment, not a yarn shop!
Me: Yeah, I guess. Still....

Finally. Finally I got sick enough of having yarn deposits all over the apartment and taking over the bedroom. Now with this new shelf unit my yarn is all in one place, and it's sorted by color! Right now I have the yarn out in the open as shown in the photo above. But I will be picking up ziplocs or something similar to keep my yarn in. Before it was just random bags of all shapes and sizes. Like a crazy yarn-obsessed bag lady. But now that I have a large all-in-one storage area for my yarnie things, it looks kind of empty. So I think I will have to make some new purchases soon. You understand, right?

5 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Totally understand! Nice shelf!

9/10/2006 7:17 p.m.  
Blogger gray la gran said...

oh yes!i see lots of extra space just waiting for yarn to arrive ... i mean, look at that (empty) shelf with the lamp or candle! besides, i don't think all the colors are represented, so there's certainly room for more :)
one thing you can always count on, a knitter will always enable another knitter to acquire more!

9/11/2006 5:36 a.m.  
Blogger Angela said...

Ahhh, rationalization. I kind of like the empty spaces, but your sherpa may be influencing me ;)

9/12/2006 1:35 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

It's so cool that you be able to display all your yarn. I think If I do that I'll be ban from buying for the next couple of years. ( well, not like I have a lot but to him two boxes is a looot...you know what I mean :)

9/14/2006 6:35 p.m.  
Blogger Kit said...

ahem...just wanted to let you know i've started a travel blog...i'm leaving in 3 weeks! going for 9 months now...4 months in Thailand and volunteering 5 months in Nepal...i'm actually flying out of Van Oct. 9th. We should go for dinner before i head out!

9/14/2006 8:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home