V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Crepey Weekend


Three words for you foodies out there. Pumpkin. Pie. Crepes. Yeah, I know. It's pretty much genius. My Fella and I have taken to having crepes for breakfast most weekends now. Our stand-by fave is Nutella but I had this brainstorm to use pumpkin pie filling and whip cream for crepes this time. Holy smokes is it ever good. Try it. You won't regret it.

We also made a trip down to the newest addition to Vancouver's handful of yarn shops. Three Bags Full on Main Street.




I picked up some Alpaca&Silk by Blue Sky Alpaca for a shrug I am thinking about knitting. I was also contemplating some more yarn (of the same) for a pair of gloves for myself but decided against it. Just to save some money, you know. That is when my Fella stepped in.



Though he is one to poke fun at me and my yarn addiction sometimes, he is genuinely understanding about the whole thing. Sweet even. Sweet because even after I decided to come back for the glove yarn later, he went ahead and purchased the yarn for me. Just because. The picture above is the yarn he got me, along with the new red tambourine he got me a couple weeks ago.

Those were the nice parts of this past weekend. But I have been sick and woozy for the better part of the last 2 days. Bleh. I'm off to get some chicken noodle soup and Pride and Prejudice. The good, 6 hour A&E version. Not the Keira Knightly crap.





6 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

yum, pumpkin crepes! don't you love fall?

i am with you on p&p, i stopped the keira knightly version about 20 min. in to it. nothing will ever compare to the a&e.

9/19/2006 1:55 p.m.  
Blogger Angela said...

OH no! I hope we didn't make you sick :(

I still haven't made it to Three Bags Full. Field trip?

9/20/2006 10:57 a.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

Awww, it sounds like you're guys' a real sweetheart! And pumpking crepes, YUMMY!!!

9/21/2006 10:55 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey sweets,
looks like you're doing well. i'm working on many a knit these days...
let me know how you're doing?
maexo

9/22/2006 2:08 p.m.  
Blogger Kit said...

oil of oregeno kid...I promise it will kick that cold right out of you.

October 9th sounds great for dinner! can't wait!

9/22/2006 5:21 p.m.  
Blogger Ragan said...

Wow, lovely goodies!!!
Yum, crepes!!!

9/24/2006 4:19 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home