V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Monday, March 20, 2006

FO Ian's Mittens

Ian's Mittens are done and done.



~Stats~

Pattern:
Easy Peasy Japanesy Mittens- V Knits 2006

Yarn:
Butterfly Mercerized Cotton (100% mercerized cotton) 200m/100g
I used only 3/4 of one ball.

Needles:
2.25mm metal dpns (set of 4)

Pros:
I like working with cotton since it's always no nonsense. It was interesting to watch the color patterns develop. Ian wore them to a peace rally and while holding up a banner, and realized that there was no wind blowing down his sleeves thanks to the mitts. He loves them!

Cons:
None really. They were a nice, quick knit. I should write out a pattern before I forget maybe.


I've also started a new project. I am knitting up one of the Staff Shrug patterns from the Summer 2005 IK. The pattern I am knitting is by Pam Allen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Cool mittens! They look great!

3/24/2006 12:50 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home