V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Thrift Trip


Who doesn't like a good thrift store hunt? There's the interesting odor, the wide array of characters, the quality of music being piped in through the sound system... it's so weird it's funny. I always love going. This trip I got some pretty good finds! 5 sweaters that cost a total of $27. Pretty good for the yarn I will be harvesting! First one (the grey sleeveless turtleneck) is a 20% cashmere/ 80% wool. Second, (the black/grey cardigan) is 70% lambswool/20% angora/ 10% nylon. Third, which I got for the lovely green color is acrylic, but so pretty! Fourth, (the light blue sweater) is 70% lambswool/ 20% angora/ 10% nylon (....I am thinking lace!). And fifth is a tan colored 100% cotton, which I have discovered is knit with 2 strands of yarn, which means double the amount if I want! I have started the process of unraveling. The blue sweater and the cotton sweater are almost done and the sleeveless turtleneck is on deck. I'll hopefully do some washing and hanging tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Oh yes, thrift stores always have that interesting odor. I wonder what that's all about... Or maybe I'm better off not knowing!

3/14/2006 10:38 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home