V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Monday, February 06, 2006

FO as promised!



I forgot. I did finish blocking etc. the Embossed Leaves socks! I took pictures and everything. They turned out great. *(Again, no pictures until later, since Blogger is down.)*



~Stats~

Pattern:
Embossed Leaves Socks from the Winter 2005 Interweave Knits

Yarn:
Drops Alpcaca (100% Pure Alpaca) 200yrds/180m/50g
Color 0100 Dyelot 2

Needles:
2.25mm bamboo dpns set of 5

Pros:
These were a much quicker knit than Pomatomus and also, a better fit.

Cons:
The toe decreases were a little weird. I think they were probably made to look like the tips of the leaves pattern, but one line of decreases ends up right under the toes, which makes for lumps under the toes.

**Blogger is back up, pictures have been added.

3 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Gorgeous socks, Venus!! Wooo-hoooo!!

2/08/2006 8:41 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

Wow, those socks look great. I can see how they wanted to continue the leaves pattern into the toe, but maybe they should have just left the toe normal if it turned out funny.

2/11/2006 5:40 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are so cool! I have some of that yarn in blue! I may give it a whirl!

beth (big geek)

2/23/2006 2:14 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home