V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Starting the Circle Shrug


I've cast on for the Circle Shrug that has been on my backburner for ages now. The pattern is from the Fall 2005 Vogue Knitting. I think this is going to be a pretty easy knit. Once I got the hang of the twisted float stitch, (which is alternating and twisting two yarns as you knit them.) it's been smooth sailing. I am keeping my fingers crossed with this one though. I hope I have everything sorted, I just have the feeling that I'm forgetting something. I guess we'll see.


As for my trip to the yarn store, I was gung-ho to get an armload of yarn but when I finally decided on the yarn I wanted for the project I wanted, I decided against it. Yeah, I know. What happened? Well, the more I talked to the shop girls about it, the more it sounded like something I wouldn't be able to wear all of the time. The more it sounded like that, the less I wanted to spend close to $200 for the yarn and needles. No. So the next best thing was getting the rest of the yarn I needed for the circle shrug. I also picked up more Drops Alpaca (same color as Pomatomus) for someone's computer video gaming gloves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home