V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Does red with black count?

First off, thanks to everyone for the nice comments on my Circle Shrug. This has been one of my favorite projects I have to say. If anyone else is thinking about trying it out, I say go for it! It would be really cool to see what other colorways would look like.


This is my first '-a-long' for anything. It's very wide open and not very restraining so I thought I'd give it a go. Now that being said, the March colors are Red and Pink, I've got mitts on the go for my dear boyfriend, but they are red and black. I think that is close enough, yes? It's a simple pattern off the top of my head, just because I was messing around with the yarn, to see what would happen. I actually like how they look in the photo more so than in person.


I'm on the thumbs now so it won't be long until I finish these babies off. It has snowed the last couple of days in Vancouver, so if I get these done in time, the BF will get some good use out of them.

In other news, I put in my notice today at work, because I have been hired at the Vancouver Public Library. (VPL). Very excited about that!


2 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

i would say red and black is close enough :)

i am so jealous of your snow! they keep saying we will get a little here in seattle, but nope!

and congrats on the new job!

3/09/2006 10:22 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

Of course red with black counts! There's red there, that's what matters.

I just saw the pictures of your circle shrug and it looks awesome! What a cool pattern, yours turned out so nicely!

3/10/2006 4:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home