V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Circle Shrug FO



Yay! Here she is folks.

~Stats~

Pattern:
Twisted Float Shrug (Circle Shrug) from the Fall 2005 Vogue Knitting Magazine

Yarn:
Noro Kureyon (100% Wool) 100m/50g
Color 138 Dyelot A (Pinks, Orange, Olive) 9 skeins
Color 148 Dyelot A (Chocolate Pink) 3 skeins

Fleece Artist Goldielocks (56% Kid/24% Silk/20% Nylon)
(I'm guessing that Goldielocks also refers to the color, since there was no color/ dyelot/ weight/ yardage.

Needles:
5.5mm circular needles in 16"/40cm, 24"/60cm, 32"/80cm length

Pros:
Do I even have to say? Look at it! It looks really cool. The idea behind the pattern is different from the usual, which is what initially attracted me to this project. Also, the sleeves are worked onto the main piece from stitches held on waste yarn, so there was no sewing the pieces together. Working with Noro yarn is always nice too.

Cons:
As I mentioned in a previous post, the damnable twisted float stitch leads to tangle and frustration. But I sucked it up. I shouldn't whine so much. Hee hee.



6 Comments:

Blogger amy said...

wow that is stunning! congrats on a beautiful job!

3/07/2006 9:23 a.m.  
Blogger Charisse said...

That is absolutly AMAZING.
Holy!!!!!!
Im sure you have already got many compliments.
WOW!!!
Great work.

3/07/2006 6:04 p.m.  
Blogger caitlyn said...

It looks gorgeous!! Congratulations, Venus!

3/08/2006 8:10 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am floored! That is too too gorgeous! Congrats. I want one now too!

beth (big geek)

3/08/2006 9:37 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Wow, Wow!!! I clicked on the pics and too a good look at the big ones. How happy are you to have this?!! I just love it. I'm thinking this might be a good profect for all my multicolored skeins of handspun...
Well Done!

3/08/2006 11:59 a.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your shrug is so awesome! You did a wonderful job girl.

3/15/2006 8:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home