V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Are we there yet?

One thing about the Circle Shrug. The twisted float garter stitch gets more difficult to handle as the circle grows. Why? Because the twists are kept on down the yarns as the twist is knit, then you have to do a round of garter stitch, then you have to knit the twist again, but in the opposite direction to untwist what has accumulated down the yarns. In doing this, you end up with uneven amounts of yarn after the first round of twisting. Needless to say, the twisting is a bitch. You could untwist as you go, but that is a pain too. But I am through the worst of the twisting now. I am absolutely loving the colors!

5 Comments:

Blogger caitlyn said...

Gorgeous!! Good for you for hanging in through the rough part!

2/23/2006 9:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're making this! I love this pattern and you're colors are gorgeous.

2/24/2006 4:34 a.m.  
Blogger amy said...

that is going to be worth the effort. look at it, so gorgeous!

2/24/2006 8:13 a.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

Wow, that is looking absolutely gorgeous!

2/24/2006 5:05 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! What yarn are you using for it?

3/02/2006 2:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home