V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Pomatomus Progress


Yay! One sock done, one sock to go! I'm feeling really good about these socks. And I know who they are going to now. A co-worker that also knits alpaca socks! It's perfect. I can't wait to finish them now. I find that with this pattern, there is no muss or fuss and it knits pretty fast. Right now I am alternating between burning through these and reading White Oleander. Even though I should be knitting other pre-Pomatomus promised things. Sometimes one project will take a hold of you and you just can't stop. The up side is that they will be quick!

Also, I thought I would show the new bag I bought while I was in Calgary. It speaks the complete truth about me. I am using to tote around small projects. (mitts, socks and the like.) Too bad there isn't one that also says " I am happy when I'm knitting.

Last week I also pulled out my lovely brown alpaca fleece that I purchased in Montville, QLD and gave it a try on the drop spindle. It went okay but I am seriously pining for a decent spindle. I can't stand the homemade ones I have and I won't even show you what they look like. I only want a drop spindle from Golding like the one that Caitlyn at Knot Without My knitting got for X-mas. But for now I am dutifully saving my money *sigh* so it will have to wait!

1 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

The sock looks fantastic!

1/16/2006 9:19 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home