V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

FO - My First Sweater (or Auditioning for "The Village")

Well, here it is. I've finally finished it.
The hooded pullover, with front wrap and double-sided flower lace pattern. (I don't really know what to call it.) I absolutely adore it. How can I not though? It's my first sweater.

Here's the front view.



And the back view.



And my audition piece for M. Night Shyamalan's "The Village". Side view of the hood with lace pattern.


This was the picture accompanying the pattern in Vogue Knitting's Summer 2005

And here are the stats.

Pattern:
Hooded Pullover - Vogue Knitting Summer 2005

Yarn:
Fleece Artist- Kid Aran (50% Kid/ 50% Wool)
400m/250g in Mellow Yellow (3 skeins)

Needles:
5mm bamboo straight needles
4.5mm plastic straight needles

Pros:
Beautiful finished product. And once I got into the rhythm of the lace pattern I sped through it. The yarn was great to knit with too. I love Fleece Artist yarns! And this is not a sweater I would have bought in a store. I kind of miss it now that it's finished.

Cons:
Three words. Dyelot, dyelot, dyelot!!! Argh. You can probably tell from the pictures that the hood and the top two-thirds of the front are darker than the rest of the sweater. That is my fault and I can't birng myself to dye the entire sweater. It's Fleece Artist. That would yarn sacrilege. But this will never happen again. Never.

So that's it. I've just cast on for a scarf for my morning friend Gladys. Pics on that later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is absolutely beautiful! And it fits you so well! What a project for your first sweater; you're fantastic!

9/10/2005 8:45 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home