V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

I've been jammin'

Since I am still pretty new to Vancouver, I have yet to experience all of the seasons. But I finally got the chance to go out and pick blackberries along the traintracks and whipped up a batch of peach-blackberry jam. (The recipe was courtesy of one of my lovely co-workers)



The Boyfriend was a bit skeptial about the whole idea until he had a sample. It looks like I will have to make a batch for him and him only. Otherwise there will be tears and bloodshed come Christmas.

The picture on the top here is one of the last steps to the cinnamom-pear jam. The jars full of jam are being boiled so that when they cool they suck in air and the lids go *pop*. That is one of the best sounds ever.



I loved making the first batch so much that I went ahead and made another batch. This time a cinnamon-pear jam. I recieved this jam for Christmas last year and I love it!

Okay, now for some knitting. (I would have made a damn fine housewife!) These aren't the best pictures but I think you'll get the idea.



So that is the back piece done of my sister's mini sweater. I am debating on whether I should stitch over the design to bring it out more. I don't know if that will help. Next time I know to make the designs further apart from eachother and maybe not so thin.

And on other news, I have purchased my plane ticket to Australia! I can't wait. I have a friend there that I haven't seen in over two years. I got a sweet deal on the flight too. The countdown to October 3rd has begun. It's a good thing I have the upcoming Oasis concert to keep my mind occupied for a little while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home