V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Finally!

Other bloggers have been flaunting the fall Vogue Knitting and I have been waiting and waiting to pick up a copy. THe magazine shop by my work finally got it in today. It's probably more of a relief for the poor guy that works there. I have been hounding him for a good two weeks I think. A subscription seems inevitable. Anyway, these two pretties will be mine!




I love the look and the versatility of the circle shrug/jacket and I have been searching for a good lace pattern.

I think I will take the time to write about Gladys. Gladys is the woman I see almost every morning before work. I like to get to work early and knit on the bench outside. I am there pretty much like clockwork and so is Gladys. She usually walks by 10 min before I start work. Over the past month she has started saying hello and inquiring about my projects. She is a sweet old lady and walks to the coffee place every morning. I am starting to look forward to our little chats, she is just so sweet! I am thinking of knitting something for her. Maybe for Christmas, maybe sooner. I thought I'd share this because if it wasn't for knitting I would never have met Gladys.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that circle jacket/shrug thing too. I can't wait to see how it looks when you knit it up!

8/18/2005 4:28 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home