V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Monday, August 15, 2005

You say it's your birthday!!!

My sister's birthday was a couple of weeks ago and I had asked her to let me know what she would like to have knitted. So here we are. A mini sweater and a sash. In pink and sparkley if possible but nothing too fluffy. Those were the requests. I took a trip to Urban Yarns to pick out some yarn for her.



So this is what I picked up. 5 Mandarin Petit cotton, 1 Phildar-Sunset Rosee and 1 Lurex- lang Yarns. Below is a swatch I knitted up this afternoon with all three yarns together. You can see the glitz if you look close.



I aslo picked this up for 50% off. R2 'paper' yarn (which is 100% nylon) in a cool green.



I thought it might be fun to knit up, I am a sucker for novelty yarn though. Something I am trying to cure.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

hey there, your sis is so lucky. I'm actually making another orangina for my sis's birthday too. I would love to try the paper yarn someday. Just not sure what to do with it. The featured pattern for this yarn is a bit funky I think.

8/17/2005 6:41 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home