V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Graphing things the hard way

There is news about my sister's mini sweater. The swatch I showed does not reflect what I am doing now. I am just knitting with the cotton and using the other two yarns to fair isle this design in.



Keep in mind, this is just a rough graph-sketch. Also, since I like doing things the hard way, I actually drew the graph lines on myself. Then I plotted the design. Why? Because I like having blue pen all over my hands. Yeah.

I've also found the yarn I will be using for the spider, webs and diamond lace pattern, with a slight change in the finished product. You can see it here, 100% wool (handspun) with a sample of my mom's batik.



I found this yarn and got it for free from the one West Coast Knitter's Guild meeting I attended. (As a guest) The change I am making is from shawl to window curtain. For this lonely window here.



It looks a little bit naked. I've been pondering what to cover it with, and whether I should or not. I was also looking for a project to use the wool for. AND I was itching for a good lace pattern. So that would make it three birds with one stone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home