V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

New Yarn and Needles!

And so ends my self inflicted ban from my LYS's. As per usual I don't know what I'll be making with it just yet, but what's important is that I have it now. Elsebeth Lavold Designer's Choice Silky Wool.



And the needles! Oh I am in love!!! I am now convinced that the reason why I haven't been able to finish a pair of socks is because of those damnable metal dpns. I have also tried circulars but I just don't have a solid feel for them. I just like dpns better. And bamboo....oh, be still my heart.

The socks I have started on (the watermelon socks, abandoned now) are the padded footlets in IK. I am patiently waiting until friday, when the fall edition comes in to the magazine store by my work. Should I get a subscription? Probably. Can I afford it? Not right now. Which won't make sense in the long run, since I will end up paying more. But I also kind of like the hunter/gatherer feel of having to go find my own copy. I know I said patiently waiting, but I hate waiting. I am all about instant gratification. Satisfy me now!!!

I have to go work on my footlets now!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love those little padded footlets! I'm thinging of making a pair for myself too.

7/09/2005 7:05 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog. How's the minisweater coming a lot? Did you rework the pattern. You got some really nice stuff over there. I love the crochet flower wrist band. They are so cute. Can I have one? Hehehhe....just kidding. Have a good one!

7/11/2005 6:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home