V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

felted pocketbook and footlets

I realize that I haven't posted in a while so I come armed with pictures. First, the finished product that is my felted pocketbook. I crocheted the button loop and the button and sewed the two sides together.




Secondly, I have been working on the footlets from the summer IK. The heel of the first sock is a bit baggy due to my loose knitting when I started knitting with double strands. I am hoping that some blocking will fix that. The second sock is puttering along pretty well considering I hate the second piece of any pair project.




The scarf I am currently working on is the antique lace pattern from the summer VK. Easy-peasy, but I am re-thinking the two color idea. Do I like it enough to continue? We will see.




And last but not least!!!!! On Thursday night I went the the Beck concert (which blew my mind!) and for one song he whipped out an instrument unknown to me. It looked like a cross between a mini organ and an accordian. Well, I found out that the contraption is called a harmonium. I also found that there was one on sale at my local Sally Ann. What? How much? I'll take it! So here is a picture of my new toy.



And a view of the bellows.



Not exactly knitting material, but music is one of my other passions. So there we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home