V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Monday, October 30, 2006

I got a new toy!!

Looky what I got! Looky! After some pondering and quiet reflection with my Fella, I decided to pick up an Ashford Knitters Loom. Lucky for me Birkeland Bros. is an Ashford distributor. This is a photo my Fella took while I was first threading the warp onto the loom. The way the sun hits, it looks like I've got little rays of sunlight for warp!


I've already finished my first project! This scarf is a Christmas gift for my sister. I originally bought this yarn for a project that didn't pan out. I'm pretty happy with the results.

~Specs~ (Not really sure what should go into a weaving project's specs.)

Pattern: My own. 44 ends.

Yarn: Drops Alpaca(white)-1 ball/Mandarin Petit Cotton(pink)-1 ball/Pink sparkly pink stuff I lost the label for-1/2 ball/White sparkly stuff I also lost the label for-1/2 ball.

Reed size: 7.5 dpi (30/10cm)

Here is a sneak peak at my current project on the loom. This one has brighter colors but I'm finding the fuzzy yarn isn't as easy to work with. Even so, I can't even say how happy I am with this loom! It's a very basic loom, especially compared to the loom Sweetgeorgia has! But I see it burning through my stash pretty quickly. Weaving with this loom is quick and easy. It's so much fun to see the progress, it's like knitting but faster. (That's the instant gratification side of me showing.)


And in non-knitting/yarn news! My Fella, always the sweetheart surprised me today with a little present. When I say little, I mean size small! I have an Ovation guitar and now, thanks to my Fella, I also have an Ovation Ukulele! I love, love, love it!

3 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

OK, don't tell The Flame this, but your Fella may be the nicest guy I've met in a long time.

Good thing I met The Flame a Long, Long time ago. :)

10/31/2006 12:42 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

Oh how I'd love to get a loom someday. I really wish I could afford one at the moment, the only problem would be finding the time to use it!

11/02/2006 7:32 a.m.  
Blogger Pixiepurls said...

wow how cool! I don't know much about weaving, can you use thinner yarn, can you effect how dense or loose it is?

11/02/2006 8:02 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home