V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Friday, October 20, 2006

Chocolate, Socks and Mini Pumpkins

This post may be a little disjointed. A bit of this, a bit of that. Starting with a yummy treat from Little Miss Food and Yarn. How sweet of her to share a bit of her chocolate stash with me. (I do find that sharing treats make them taste better. Unless it's bacon, then you'd better stay clear of me. That's my bacon!)

And what would Socktoberfest be without the purchase of many a sock yarn? I bought 10 balls in different colors of Sisu and two balls of Lana Grossa Meilenweit Colortweed. One blue colorway, one red. I am hoping to get some of it knit up for gifts in time for evil X-mas. ( I am a recovering retail clerk, hense the bitterness!)

I have another case of the shorties here with my latest FO. This is one I started a while ago and got hit with second sock syndrome.

~Specs~

Pattern: Bluebell Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks, with my own favorite sock anatomy. (Toe-up, short-row heel.)

Yarn: C*EYE*BER Fiber Yarn (100% merino)
I used only 1/2 of one ball.

Needles: 2.25mm bamboo dpns (set of 5)

Now I have cast on for my next pair of socks with the red colorway of Colortweed with the 'Tiger Eyes' pattern from Socks Socks Socks. I am really loving this knit so far. Leave it to me to start knitting something meant as a gift, then wanting to keep it for myself.


I also wanted to show some of the Halloween fun going on at my workplace. I guess they did this last year too! A couple bags of mini pumpkins are brought in and anyone that wants to can decorate one and display it at the front desk/info desk. People get pretty creative, as you can see.



And this guy is mine. A funny skull and crossbones pirate. I think my Fella and I will carve a pumpkin this year. Roast seeds, good times. I am thankfully not responsible for handing out candy since we live in an apartment, which is too small to have kids going floor to floor. Instead I can reap the benefits of the post-Halloween candy sales!

4 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

That's a super colour of the COlortweed - so autumny.

Loving the pumpkins!

10/24/2006 3:08 p.m.  
Blogger Kit said...

Nice pumpkin V. I'm a little disappointed that I'll be missing Halloween, but we're going to try to convince people from the guest house to dress up...maybe carve a squash of some sort.

10/25/2006 5:39 a.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

I worked retail during Christmas too. I just kills the spirit doesn't it?

Anyway, fabulous socks! And just look at all that sock yarn! I'm feeling envious!

10/25/2006 7:48 a.m.  
Blogger gray la gran said...

your socks are precious! i have both those books, and have knitted from socks socks socks, but, i've been a slacker with the sensational socks book. i must knit some socks from that!
and, that green bag is fabulous!

10/27/2006 4:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home