V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Scanned Sock!


Because my camera is still broken. Because one of my new coworkers was kind enough to give us a second hand printer/scanner/photocopier. Because it actually worked when I tried scanning the damn sock! (Seriously though, look at the detail the thing picked up. It's better than what I can get on my miserable camera anyway.)

This is what I have been working on. This little sock fits my foot and curvaceous calves like a dream. I have never knit up socks this quickly. I started them exactly a week ago and I am 3/4 done the second sock! That's right, no second sock syndrome this time! Now I'll have to get my camera fixed so I can show everyone just how well they fit.

Today, I went to the mall. To me the malls are a soulless death trap that I like to avoid. But I had to suck it up and head down to one of the largest and busiest malls to get some essentials. (No, not yarn. Shopping for yarn is never a problem!) Basically, I had run down to only a few pairs of wearable socks (which my Docs were eating up very quickly), my very last wearable bra (the only one that isn't one of the fancy dancy "wear for a short period of time before whipping it off" bras) and absolutely no wearable jeans for work. So I braved the throngs of consumer monsters and pretended like I was one of them. Makes me nauseous to think about it. So that is done. Whew. Now I can concentrate on, and wait in anticipation, the arrival of new yarn from Mama E! I am usually a big fan of instant gratification, but waiting for yarn to arrive in the mail is kinda fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home