V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Monday, August 20, 2007

Squamish Getaway

Sloan, David and Ian

Well my Fella got whisked away this weekend with me and a couple of friends to Squamish, BC for his surprise birthday weekend. (Specifically, it was a joint birthday weekend because Ian and Sloan share the same birth date!) We stayed at this cool little hostel called Squamish Inn on the Water and we took in the sites and hiked around at Shannon Falls.

The Birthday boy on his hiking adventure

Me taking a dip in cold river water after a good hike!


We also had time to check out the little shops downtown and of course, I found a yarn shop. Not just any yarn shop mind you, a yarn shop-slash-gelato cafe called Gelato Carina! (604-815-4448)

Noro Cashmere Island in Color #5

Which is where I found nine skeins of this lovely Cashmerino Noro. Mmm, I've already got a sweater in mind for it too.... Possibly the Eyelet Pullover from the Fall 2005 issue of Vogue Knitting.

And speaking of sweater, there has been good progress on my Fella's Cobblestone Pullover. I may have pictures to post soon...

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

oooohhhhhh. Looks like you had a wonderful weekend of hiking and good yarn!

8/21/2007 9:11 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home