V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Mini Summer Vacation

Fresh cherry!

The past few days my Fella and I have been visiting his parents in Powell River, BC. We picked fresh cherries and blueberries in the backyard and visited the local farmer's market. We also went with my Fella's sister and her fiance to a cabin on Powell Lake for some swimming, spaghetti and mosquitoes.

Sock knitting on the ride through the peninsula

Don't worry though, I did have time to fit in some knitting. Socks, nice and simple. I usually prefer socks for travel/bus knitting because the project doesn't grow too big.


Silver Selkie Studio fleece

This is some fleece I picked up at the local farmer's market. Merino / Rambolete / Targee / Kid Mohair is what the label says.


Fleece close-up

I always love to visit there as it is a huge change of pace from busy Vancouver. I believe a move to a smaller city is in the cards for us... Who knows?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home