V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Bird-colored yarn and a hit of lace

Testudo from C*EYE*BER Fiber's Project Spectrum Sock Yarn Club

I love this yarn! I am totally in love with the colors. It very much reminds me of the Pink Galah birds I saw while I was in Australia. I know it's sock yarn but I am tempted to use it to make something other than socks.... What to do, what to do...


Swallowtail Shawl - Budding Lace Pattern Close-up

Lately I have been having a hankering for some lace knitting. After sifting through patterns I found this one in the Fall 2006 Interweave Knits. I am knitting it on needles that are 1.5mm smaller than called for in the pattern. I could end up with more of a neck scarf than a shawl, which will be fine with me. I am using Alchemy Yarns Haiku (40% silk/ 60% mohair). *Drool*


Bee and Allium

I am afraid of bees. Mostly when then fly into the apartment. But with gentle coaxing from my Fella and sheer determination to get this shot, I got up close enough to get a decent shot. It helped that the little guy was so busy he didn't seem to notice.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home