V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Total Success!

Tulips at Pike Place Market (Project Spectrum anyone?)

This past weekend was the best weekend ever! My Fella and I took a bus down to Seattle for the Emerald City Comic Convention (ECCC) and we had a blast. We got there a day early to take in some of the sights and within 3 hours of being in the city I had tracked down a tasty yarn shop.

Newly acquired yarn hanging out at the window of our hostel room.

The next day (Saturday) we were in line for the ComiCon bright and early. Once we got inside we headed straight for Tim Sale's table. He was handing out time cards for individual sketch requests and my Fella and I both snagged one each. We wandered around in awe until it was time for our sketch requests.

*
* (Thanks to Jared for taking this photo.)

I had heard that Tim Sale was a nice guy but I had no idea he'd be such a sweetheart! He was so kind and polite and obliging. And on top of that, what talent! The Lois Lane ink wash he did for me only took about 10 minutes and it looks amazing!


After that we geeked out hardcore. We dressed up as Jedi Knights and got our picture taken with Darth Vader. We checked out the costume contest and I got my picture taken with Hellboy! ( I think he got first prize.) Then back at our hostel room we made a fort in out bunk bed to keep the street noises out so we could get some sleep. All in all a good time. Even the weather co-operated.


We were exhausted by the time we got on the bus to come home. I already can't wait for next year because we will be going back for sure.


Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

I love all of the photos! Especially the fort and the sketch.

Can't wait to see you both.

4/03/2007 10:12 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home