V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Portland Pullover FO


Yay! Jill is back safe and sound from her trip to Taiwan and so it the camera. Now for some photos!

~Specs~

Pattern:
Portland Pullover from the fall 2006 issue of Interweave Knits.

Yarn:
Welcomme- Le Super Mohair - 1 1/2 balls 120m/135yrds (40g)
70%Mohair/30% Acrylic

Garnstudio's Vivaldi - 1 1/2 balls 280m (50g)
43%Mohair/27% Acrylic/30%Polyester

Needles:
Circs in 9mm, 7.5mm and 6mm

Pros:
Quick and easy to knit. Easy pattern to follow. Also, the most functional sweater I have made for myself so far.

Cons:
I had to readjust the needle size to find the right gauge, which isn't really a con, more of a side note for next time. Easy to wear except for the fact that I don't know if I'm a mohair kind of girl. Somehow it feels to me that putting a soft, fluffy sweater over "curves" seems to round out and expand said curves.




Anyway, here is a peek at some cable work. I don't yet know what it is though. I have wanted to try out this cable pattern and I was just drawn to the yarn. More mohair, strangely enough. Country Mohair by Fleece Artist. Beautiful stuff with a fantastic weight to it. I have no idea what I will do with this once it's finished. Possibly a medium sized carry bag? We will see.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home