V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Monday, March 26, 2007

Little Quickies -FO's


Yesterday my Fella and I purchased a new coffee table. It's got cool little hidden drawers on the sides and the top of the table has a glass covering. We've got all sorts of ideas of what to put underneath the glass for display/decorations so stay tuned for that. I decided that even though I am not the coaster-using kind of girl, this table would require some on account of the glass covering. So I whipped these little babies up. I don't crochet often so I was a little rusty at first.

~Specs~

Pattern:
Various sample flower patterns from some old photocopies I found.

Yarn:
Louet Euroflax - 1/4 ball leftover from a previous project. (Full ball: 270yrds/100g)
100% Wet Spun Linen

Crochet Hook: 3.50mm

Pros:
Quick and dirty. I like my crochet in small doses.

Cons:
Not the friendliest yarn to use. It's kind of rough on the hands but I still really like the results. I think I will leave this yarn for weaving from now on.



And speaking of weaving! After all the slow and steady I switched into speed-crafty mode this weekend. I was inspired into weaving this scarf while I was ogling my stash. (yeah, I admit it!) It's just a bunch of sock yarn but I love it. Sort of a retro orange flavour.

~Specs~

Pattern: My own (148 ends)

Yarn: -Warp-DG Confetti Superwash-2 balls (75% Superwash wool/25% Nylon) 210m/50g
-Weft- Sisu-1 ball (80% Virgin wool/20% Nylon) 160m/50g

Reed size: 12.5 dpi (30/10cm)

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lolly said...

So many lovely fiber arts! I really like the snowflakes you made. What a great color. I would love to learn more about both crochet and weaving. The scarf is beautiful!

3/27/2007 12:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home