V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Rag Rug FO


Woo-hoo! First knitting FO of the year!

~Specs~

Pattern:
"Dizzy Rug" from Mason-Dixon Knitting.

Yarn:
Mystery fabric from Value Village (thrift store) cut into 2 1/2 inch strips

Needles:
10mm straight needles

Pros:
Very easy and quick to knit. This project is a definite plus if you are into instant gratification! I love the end result. It's now sitting in our entrance way in front of our bookshelf.

Cons:
Knitting a rag rug is hard on your hands. The rag/yarn is heavy which makes movement with the needles a tad difficult. Also, instead of showing a contrasting color when stitching the rug together (which is in the original pattern) I opted to seam the rug together so the stitching wasn't visible. I originally had a dark chocolate brown as the contrasting color but decided the rug looked more seashell-esque without the brown.


3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Awesome rag rug! I really like the blues and greens.

1/17/2007 1:04 p.m.  
Blogger Unknown said...

Your rug is gorgeous,Venus.

1/18/2007 10:23 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I love it! I have some polar fleece fabric that I cut into strips to knit a hat from, but I haven't done the knitting yet. I should dig that up and give it a try.

1/26/2007 12:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home