V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Seeing Red


~Specs~

Pattern:
My own hybrid sock pattern full of favorite things like "toe-up" and "short-row heels(and toes)".

Yarn:
Lana Grossa - Gaimersheim (Mega Boots Stretch) 1 ball 400m
70%Virgin Wool/23% Polymide/7% Elite (PBT)

Needles:
2mm bamboo dpns - set of 5

Pros:
Lovely mindless knitting and small enough to take on the bus! The yarn was nice too. And I got to bug my Fella a lot when determining size/fit and when taking finished product photos. I find it's nice to designate a project for just "bus-and-break-time-at-work" knitting, even if it takes a bit longer to finish.

Cons:
None! (Well, just that the self-striping looks a bit funny around the ankles due to knitting the heel.) Far as I can tell my Fella loves them too.





I recently purchased a copy of Jennifer Stafford's domiKNITrix. My first project from the book is already underway. Snow Devil Hat!


I am knitting it up in baby alpaca (is anyone surprised? I love alpaca!) and I like all the shaping that is going into this hat. I think this is a hat I will actually wear once it's finished!

If you are wondering why this photo is it's side, so am I. For some reason, this photo and this photo alone does not submit to the rules of balance and order. I tried loading the photo turned clockwise, counter clockwise, upside down. I tried loading it in a bigger size with the same results. WTF? WTF! I am only so computer literate. I don't know any fancy tricks. So I am stuck with swearing at the computer monitor and admitting failure.
See? See! Why?

And again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Red knits everywhere!

I LOVE The Fella's socks - wonder why he hasn't shown them to me yet?

Need to find Domiknitrix - the hood looks super cute!

1/23/2007 1:37 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

I love your socks. In fact, that's exactly how I make my socks. I pull together all the different ways of making socks that I like (like toe-up and short-rows!) and make up a pattern. It's the best way.

Yeah, that picture seems a little rebellious to me!

1/25/2007 8:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home