V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Saturday, September 08, 2007

Mystic Sea Socks FO

FO: Mystic Sea Socks - Pattern by Cass White

These socks were great to knit! Yummy yarn and an interesting pattern. I'm pretty happy that Angela gave me this pattern. I always have my doubts with rib patterns, I just do. But this pattern was a total success! I really liked how it was cast on. (I don't know if that method has a name but I think the idea is to cast on twice the number of total stitches needed so there is more stretch at the cuff.) I did change the heel and toe, but only because I am partial to short row heels and toes. I did a plain 1x1 rib while working the short rows for the heel and stockinette for the toes.


I'm wearing them right now. They're really nice.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Erin said...

Your socks turned out beautiful! And I'm partial to a short-rowed heel and toe as well!

9/12/2007 7:50 a.m.  
Blogger Angela said...

I didn't get to see these until today - and they are sooo lovely!

I have re-started mine with 2.75 mm needles and I think they will be perfect!

9/17/2007 3:15 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home