V Knits

My name is Venus. I knit as much as possible, while juggling work and various other activities. Currently, my yarn sprees hinder my ability to save up for trips and other important things. But I'm not apologizing.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Cobblestone Pullover FO and Nomad Hat and Scarf FO



Cobblestone Pullover

I like it when it only takes 9 days to knit a sweater. Of course it doesn't hurt that My Fella usually fits one of the smaller sizes. This Cobblestone Pullover pattern by Brooklyntweed is a beaut. It's very easy to read and all of it is knit in the round which I love! The only seams to be sewn are under the arms, another plus for me since I dislike sewing seams. My Fella is so sweet he has been very careful his green zip-up skull sweater for fear that he might wreck it somehow. It was the first sweater I had ever knit for him so I appreciate and understand how he feels. But this time I have given him strict orders to wreck this sweater. Pilling, threadbare, worn. I want him to wear it so often that people start asking him why he doesn't change clothes. *haha* Okay, maybe not that much...


I knit this sweater with Rowan Felted Tweed (50% Merino wool/ 25% Alpaca/25% Viscose/Rayon). 6 1/2 balls @ 50g each (175m/191yds).


Nomad Hat and Scarf

Another quick knit FO I've got is the Nomad Hat and Scarf pattern by Kat Coyle from the same Fall 2007 issue of IK. I knit it with Patagonia Nature Cotton from Araucania.

Now all we have to do is wait for fall.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger reluctantMANGO said...

Lovely knits! My DH won't wear sweaters, but I might just find a willing victim to knit Cobblestone for anyway - it looks like a very satisfying project! Love yours in the red... and the nomad hat looks so cozy! Come on fall!!!!

8/26/2007 4:40 p.m.  
Blogger Angela said...

Oh man - you guys are soooo cute!

The FOS look great but petting them today was even better!

8/28/2007 7:02 p.m.  
Blogger Erin said...

I love the sweater you made for him. It looks fantastic. Here's to him wearing it out!

9/05/2007 6:58 a.m.  
Blogger Lolly said...

you are the poster knitter for the IK fall issue!! great knits! I just love the Cobblestone. Okay, you talked me into it. I need to make this one for my man...

9/06/2007 6:48 a.m.  
Blogger Louisa said...

Wow! You're the Fastest Knitter in the West! I love the sweater in red. It's nicer than the one in the mag for sure. And the socks are great too (even if I don't like short-row heels). Love the curvy top edge.

9/18/2007 1:54 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home